This post was created in partnership with Dole. I have received compensation for this post. Interested in becoming a Dole consumer advocate? Check it out here: Team Dole
Hey guys. I have been absent for quite a while (which is a story for another day) and I am really happy to be back!
We have been so busy this year. My son started baseball. My daughter is back into soccer and is running at school. I am working. We are all over the place right now. Cooking seems almost non-existent because there just isn’t a lot of time. Menu planning is key and well, I have been horrible at that too.
Since quick and easy are my favorite words right now, I was excited to make this recipe that completely encompasses those two ideas.
Salsa is seriously the easiest thing you could ever make. I don’t even understand why I ever buy it. Convenience, I know. This yummy salsa took me about 10 minutes and only that long because I have no idea how to cut cilantro. So see – if you have that skill, this should take you no time.
Another thing that made this recipe super easy but using Dole Frozen Pineapple Chunks. Oh my gosh, what a lifesaver! Here is the thing about using frozen fruit – it is super easy to cut and handle. Want to change it up a little? Use the Dole Frozen Mango. Mango salsa is my favorite!!
So what would you use this for? You could add this to the top of chicken or fish. Use it as a potato topping and add it to your tacos (fish tacos maybe?). Scoop it up with some homemade tortilla chips (which are also super easy to make). There are so many possibilities.
If you make this yumminess, come back and tell me what you used it on.
- tomatoes, finely diced (I used about 8 roma tomatoes because they looked the best)
- 1 lime, juiced
- white onion, finely diced (I used pre-cut onions because, easy)
- 1 package DOLE Frozen Pineapple Chunks, diced
- jalapeno, finely diced (I used ¼ of one, seeds taken out)
- cilantro (optional)
- salt, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, pineapple, jalapeno, lime juice and the cilantro. Stir until combined. Add salt, to taste.
- You can serve this salsa right away or stick it in the fridge overnight and let the flavors mesh.
Check out the Dole Frozen Fruit webpage here: DOLE