Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I know you haven’t heard anything personal from me in a while. I keep trying to do an update but I always shy away. I don’t know why. Well…….I do know why but I am still trying to the guts to be completely honest about it.
Anyway – one thing that I am still trying to do is eat healthy. We are hardly perfect but I am slowly introducing healthy dinners for us all. A few weeks ago, Moo Moo was really sick and changing her diet has been my mission since. Of course, with kids, trying to get them to eat unfamiliar foods is torture. Seriously. It’s been very hard.
Tonight I tried a new recipe that I found on Pinterest for stuffed spaghetti squash. Now, my kids don’t like spaghetti squash like I do. They refuse to eat it. So for them, I used whole wheat thin spaghetti. The Boy inhaled it! And even Moo Moo eat most of it. I was so surprised. My kids are eating veggies…and greens! So I knew I had to share this recipe.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 lb sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of kale
- 3 tbsp Emile Noel Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1 red pepper
- Start by cooking sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. When the sausage is completely cooked, add in the garlic and red pepper.
- After a few minutes, add in the kale. Cook until it is wilted.
- Scrape the inside of the spaghetti squash with a fork.
- Add the sausage mixture on top of the spaghetti squash.
- Drizzle with the Emile Noel Pumpkin See Oil.
A few notes:
- For the sausage, I used pork. The original recipe called for chicken sausage but I had pork in the freezer.
- I used a baby kale/spinach mix. The kids didn’t like the cooked greens so next time we are going to try it without cooking them.
- For the kids, since I used pasta, I drizzled the Pumpkin Oil over the noodles.
Can we just talk about the Emile Noel Pumpkin Seed Oil for a minute?
This stuff is amazing. Awesome. Tasty. DELICIOUS! It’s an organic, non-GMO from France. Founded in 1920, Emile Noel’s oils have always been non-GMO, even before it was cool. With over 20 different oils available, there is no reason why everyone shouldn’t be using them. The Pumpkin Oil is smooth and so, so good. It’s better not cooked and I’ve been using it mostly as a salad dressing – just drizzled on my salad. It has a light, nutty flavor and really gives my salads just a little extra flavor. I really want to try the Macadamia Nut oil next because I think that would be delightful on my salads. Check out the Emile Noel website and check out all 20 varieties of oil.